Welcome to the world of corners ...

On the 5th day of every month you will come across a new corner and a new story around ...
To make this journey a bit more challenging an extra corner will be occasionally thrown in as a surprise.
Any footprints from your travelling experience left in the comment box will be always appreciated.
If you find my corners enjoyable, please share them with your friends.


Friday 5 October 2012

"Behind the scenes" (how it all happened)



"What's around the corner ..."











If you didn't like brussel sprouts or fairy cabbages (as one parent markets them to her children) you wouldn't buy them for your dinner, would you?



So my question is ...

If I hate deadlines, why would I even consider starting a blog?”
and the answer ... “I have no idea!”


All I know is that some invisible force has planted a “blog seed” within my aura and used one of my friends to make me aware of this with her encouraging suggestion.

After voicing a vague possibility of starting a blog, an instantly created fan club has totally ignored the word “possibility” by replacing it with a question about the launching date.
On hearing “launching date”, all I could see was a word “deadlines” flashing red in front of my eyes. I love writing, but deadlines are my enemies. So no stories, no blog and no deadlines was my mind's quick decision. Phew!

While my mind was ready to move on, my heart was still experiencing an inner battle ... love of writing versa fear of deadlines.
Every time love has scored a goal, fear matched it up, but as the time went on (and on ...) the invisible force decided to interfere once again by slowly tilting a scale in favour of my newly formed fan club.












A decision to start a blog was just around the corner, but the launching date nowhere to be seen or too many corners away.




In order to cement a release date something else had to happened, and so it did.

One day, I decided to see a psychic with hope of clarifying this as well as few other issues on hand.
One of the strongest messages received during this reading was about my new career path. To be honest, it was presented to me more like an order rather than a suggestion and it even contained a 48 hours deadline.

While giving it serious consideration I became aware of this uncomfortable feeling arising inside my body. The more I researched, the more uncomfortable I felt about the whole thing.
As much as I had a heartfelt connection to the essence of this potential career path, I could not see myself being limited by its outer layers of puppet strings that would sooner rather than later suffocate my free spirit.

You need to decide” ... I heard someone's voice.
Am I at the end of my 48 hours deadline?” ... I asked.
You can either follow up on the reader's message or ... you can launch a blog” ... was the reply.

Since when are they teaching selling techniques in heaven?
Who said that I have to choose between a round or a square container, when what I really want is an ice cream.” ... were my afterthoughts.

However, at the time of hearing this unusual request something prevented me from questioning it and without a moment of hesitation my heart as well as my mind have unanimously decided on the blog, as deadlines (though scary) felt enormously less threatening to the existence of my free spirit.

After a few days of pondering, I have nominated 5th of October 2012 as the official birth day of “What's around the corner?” to be followed by a private naming ceremony with my editor and my immediate motivational support group as the proud Guardians.

This news was received with great joy by one of my clients on the “blog release” waiting list. As I was accompanying her to the door, she said ...

Last time I saw you, your feelings about the blog were very different. What happened in the past four weeks that made you change your mind?”

After a moment of reflection, I became aware (this time on the conscious level) that my visit to the psychic and the message regarding my new career were the ones to initiate this change.


As I was telling her about it, a Jewish tale read a very long time ago popped out from my memory bank. The similarity of this particular tale and my visit to the psychic made me realise how fortunate I was to pick up on “Rabbi's” message without bringing home a goat, a cow and all the chickens.







 

 

 Here is the link to this very wise tale ...







A traditional Jewish story, as told by Aaron Zerah, about being content with what you have - Beliefnet.com

2 comments:

  1. It's charming - and enlightening. Full-on Olga! Lovely my dear. Would love to make that trip.

    Tell us about the city with the moat!

    And were the blossoms eaten (drunk) or did they just fall? In one day?

    Best wishes for your success and happiness. I know you deserve it!

    Ronald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronald,
      unfortunately the blossoms were all drunk as they shared their life to create a few magical moments and one of them was definitely appreciated.

      Delete